An Open Letter To The Girl That Does "Too Much"

Always find time for the things that make you feel alive.
108

“I can do that.” “ I volunteer.” “I’d love to do that.” Chances are, if you are reading this, you’ve said these things before. Life gives us a lot of different opportunities to do things and get involved with. Some of us in life find our niche and stick to it, while others find our niche and still continue to explore and then some of us just constantly try new things.

None of these are any better options than others; they’re all equal. It just depends on what you choose to do. Some of us choose to do a lot in the activities we do. This is an open letter to those of us that choose to take on a handful of responsibilities.

If you do a lot of things for the community and clubs you’re in, I’m sure you’ve heard people say, “you do too much." Truth is your commitment is very helpful. Here are some things to think about if you’re one of the girls that “does too much.”

Don't let people tell you that you do too much.

You do all the things you want to do! This is your life and no one else has to live it. Chances are, you do all these things because they all make you happy. Continue to let them make you happy. If someone says “ you do too much” Just tell them “I enjoy everything I do!”

It’s okay to do everything.

Know that it’s okay to do each and everything you do! You are impacting peoples' lives in ways you could never have imagined. Doing a lot means you care about a lot of things. Doing so many things also teaches you what you do and don’t want to do with your life, and what you truly enjoy over what you truly don’t.

Being involved teaches responsibility.

Doing a lot of things teaches responsibility in ways other things can’t. It teaches you responsibility because you hold a commitment to each and everything you said you would do. If you don’t do the things you said you would, you let people down. This isn't like a class where you can skip an assignment and it only hurts you. If you skip a commitment in a club, you are hurting other people. Working on a lot of things in a club also teaches responsibility because you have to complete everything in a timely manner, you can not wait until the last second to complete your commitments.

It teaches planning.

Doing a lot of things teaches you how to plan. It teaches you not only how to plan the events you are working on, but your time. It teaches you how to plan your time because when you have a lot of things to do you have to schedule your time to make all the things fit. Being active in multiple things is an amazing way to teach yourself time management. Along with teaching you how to plan time, it teaches you how to plan events. Chances are somewhere along the line, you will need to be planning things. Real life situations are the best way to learn how to plan things. These planning events experiences help you learn what does and doesn’t work for you!

People will respect you.

You are doing so many amazing things! People will respect you for all the wonderful things you are doing. Chances are people were too scared themselves to do the things you’re doing. They will respect you for all the time, effort, and planning you put into the event. You are amazing people every day! Keep doing all the things you’re doing!

It may be stressful, but in the end, you’ll look back and love it.

Being involved in a lot is no walk in the park by any means. You do constantly have so much to do and it can be stressful at times, and you want to scream and pull your hair out! BUT, after all the stress has come and gone, you will smile and laugh about all the crazy things you did trying to figure everything out. These memories of the things you accomplished and the things you planned will be your fondest. These memories will be the ones you tell your future kids and grandkids.

Doing a lot keeps you busy, but it also teaches you a lot of lessons that you will look back and love. Being this "busy body" is just the perfect life for some people. Personally, I live this busy, crazy life. I love every moment of it. Sometimes I am so busy I don't even have time to think, but every day I amaze myself with what else I can do. I make myself proud.

The busy life isn't for everyone, but some people just like to live it. It's their life choice and they are learning amazing life experiences that change them forever. So next time you go to pick on someone for doing what is "too much," think about it... maybe that's exactly how they want to live their life.

If it makes you happy, no one else's opinion should matter!