An Open Letter: To Taking a Day

An Open Letter: To Taking a Day

An open letter on reassuring the need to take breaks for the self. We do our best when we feel that way inside, too!

20
An Open Letter: To Taking a Day

To Taking a Day,

Hey Readers!

It's been a few months since I wrote any new content, but I am back!

I felt it essential to take a longer break for the world we live in is in chaos, and I never feel comfortable writing things that don't speak to me.

I strive to give the most honest form of myself in my writing. Which is why, this week, I want to talk about taking breaks.

I have talked about this so many times, but it's needed so many more. We often look and try to find some sort of reason not to give ourselves the care and consideration that is necessary. However, it gets a little easier to do even if you start with 5 mins a day.

Over the holiday, I had the opportunity to take a good solid few days to reflect and put some things into action that I would always place to the side very often because of work or other activities that fill my week.

However, writing again after such a long time feels like second nature- I was getting a little restless not publishing something here!

What are things you are passionate about that you want to pick up more avidly again?

Are there small steps you could take to complete the overall picture?

I challenge you to answer these questions for yourself and set aside a day (yes, dedicate an entire day to just yourself!) and see what you can get done to achieve this goal. Maybe, if it's feasible for you, take more than a day.

There is only one of you. As easy as it is to get carried away in daily tasks, it is just as easy to get worn out by the amount of tasks, too. Listen to your instincts and pay attention to signs your body may give you (fatigue, change in mood, etc) for these are red flags that a break is needed.

I hope your weekend is starting off magnificent. Remember: don't give up on yourself even if it means blocking out distractions for 24 hours to feel your absolute best!

Encouragingly,

Jessica