A Letter To My Students From Your Preschool Teacher

What I want you to remember...

1381
WeHeartIt

Dear kids,

Sometimes it makes me laugh when you all refer to me as a “grown up” because when one day, when you’re 19 like me, you will realize how much you still have to grow. You all look up to me as if I know so much more knowledge and facts than you do, when in all honesty, you have all taught me more than I ever have learned in a classroom.

You taught me how to laugh at the silly jokes you tell me until I cry. You’ve taught me how to be selfless in the best way possible. But most importantly you’ve taught me what love really looks like.

The amount of love that you all posses and portray is something that I never will shake, and I hope you will not either. There’s a reason why people love kids so much, and that’s because of their honesty. The love you have for everyone around you is so pure and honest that my one wish for you is to always love that same way throughout your life.

Sometimes, I realize that you are all not just going to be kids forever, you’re going to grow up, go to college, get a job and start a family. I listen to your dreams and aspirations to be doctors, vets, and firefighters. And as I listen I know your dreams are going to change and become more realistic, but I hope you never lose the confidence in yourself I know that you all have.

You all made me realize the impact that I can have on an individual and how important it is to be kind and caring to everyone that I meet.

I know that working with kids, it’s my responsibility to shed what I know on to them, but little do you know that you all have been doing the same thing for me. I will forever be a different person than who I was before I met you.

So please, never forget how to laugh until you cry, love so much it hurts, and have all the confidence in the world. Because I know the potential you all have, I see it every day.

Love,

One of your preschool teachers