An Open Letter To My Little Sister

An Open Letter To My Little Sister

Thank you for being my partner in crime — I love you always.

172
An Open Letter To My Little Sister

To my beautiful Mini-Me,

I just want to start off by saying thank you. Thank you for being the amazing person you are. Although there are a few years between us, you are and always will be my best friend. When all goes wrong, I know that I can always count on you to make me smile. There are so many things that I can say about you but I am going to start off by saying that you have taught me so many things. One thing you taught me is the feeling of loving someone more than I love myself. From the moment I held you in my arms, I saw my world. I knew from that second that I would kill for you. I would never let anyone hurt you and all I wanted was to see you smile. To this day, you know that if anyone dares to do anything, I will always be the first person to take care of it. No one and I mean NO ONE messes with you, unless it’s me of course!

Growing up, you went from my little baby sister to my little brat, to my best friend. I always love watching you succeed and coming home from school with a big smile on your face to tell me what you accomplished that day. Without you, I also wouldn’t know my own strength. When I’m down I always run into your room for your comfort and although you’re younger then me you always know the right thing to say.

You’re also the one person in the world I can NEVER stay mad at. You can literally do anything and within an hour I need to talk to you about something and everything gets pushed to the side. Speaking of fighting, you always to something stupid at dinner or something when I am mad at you that always makes me laugh and it turns into a joke that we always say. The amount of inside jokes we have made and continue to make every day, they’re uncountable. Those inside jokes are not just with me, they’re with my friends too, and they all consider you a little sister as well. You know that all of my friends will always be there to protect you, guide you, and talk to you when life feels like it is too hard to deal with. You’re also the one person I can go to for style advice because I know that no matter what you will always be 100 percent honest with me. Whether I look gorgeous, ugly, to skinny, to fat, you always make sure I know. Which leads me to my next point. Thank GOD I have you because I always have a whole extra room full of clothes that I know I can use. We literally share each other’s clothes all the time. (sometimes I want to kill you because you take my stuff without asking then I cant find it for days, sometimes weeks, or even years).

I honestly have no idea what I would do without you, my perfect little one. You are there for me through everything and you are always the first person I want to call when something happens. Whether it is good or bad, you’re always the first person I call. You are my strength, rock, happiness, pain, and therapist. I have absolutely no idea what I would do without you and your silliness. When I am away from you for too long I go crazy, and when I’m with you for too long I do the same. I guess that’s what sisters are for huh? Thank you for being my partner and crime and always making me smile. I love you always.