An Open Letter To My Furry Best Friend

An Open Letter To My Furry Best Friend

We have all had to say a tough good-bye to our furry friends.

17
An Open Letter To My Furry Best Friend
Katrina Homovich

Who knew someone so small had so much influence in my life.

Pets seem to have such an influence. So much energy is packed into their little furry bodies, yet they can be the only ones to bring light to life. Even though they can not talk, they stick by your side regardless what goes on in life. This is dedicated to all pets that crossed the rainbow bridge too soon.

To my best friend,

Thank you for being such an influence on my life. As little as you knew what was going on, you have helped me overcome any obstacle that was thrown at me. Even though you could not talk, little did I realize how much of an impact you would have on my life. You have shown me true strength, compassion and, most importantly, love. The connection we had between each other was indestructible; no one could tear us apart. We grew up and spent most of our lives by each other’s side.

I won’t forget the day I brought you home from the shelter to live with your new family. You were scared, you didn’t know what would happen. But, you soon realized this is home and this is your family. You started eating family dinners with us, playing family game night, cuddling on the couch during cold winter nights. I soon realized I wouldn’t want life any other way.

The time came too quick, but I knew I had to be strong. It was not an easy time, but you were happy. After you were gone, I knew how important you were in my family’s lives. You became a part of our family, a part that will never be forgotten. You are probably running around in pet heaven having the time of your life. Thank you for being such a huge part of my life and sticking next to me.

They may be a small part of your life, but you are their entire life.

Sincerely,

Your Fur-ever Family