An Open Letter To My Big

An Open Letter To My Big

My mentor, my big, my best friend.
22

Dear Biggie,

If you asked me a year ago where I would be today, I most likely would have laughed in your face. And that's because I always was the type who never thought that they would join a sorority, but joining Tri Delta has turned out to be one of the best decisions I could have made. It has taught me so much about myself, and has really been such a humbling experience seeing how much we give back to the children of St. Jude. And with all of this, came a great perk of getting a big. Someone who not only spoils me and tells everyone I'm the best little ever, but someone who I have to look up to and to show me what it means to be a Tri Delta.

Besides having you as my mentor, I have been lucky enough to have found a best friend in you. I didn't even really know you until the night of big/little reveal, and that is when I discovered that we are more alike than I could have imagined. Besides both of us being blonde haired, country loving, Reese cup obsessed people, we have similarities down to the core. And because of our bond and friendship that we had right from the beginning, I'm going to be an emotional train wreck when you graduate and leave me in a couple months.

I'm so extremely proud of everything you have accomplished and everything you continue to accomplish, and I absolutely cannot wait to see where this crazy life takes you. But before all of that, I just have to say thank you. Thank you for picking up the phone at all hours of the day and night, to listen to my exciting stories I have that I have to share with you right away, to when I'm crying and need you to be my ear to listen. Thank you for always buying me food, and not resisting when I hug you fifty times in a row. Thank you for always taking pictures with me, and being patient enough so that we can both take one on our good side. Thank you for always letting me crash in your bed or on your couch, and sharing your roommates with me. Thank you for always being down to eat nachos and drink maragaritas. Thank you for motivating me to be a better person, and never letting me get down on myself. And thank you for building me back up when I do get down on myself. Thanks for always wearing cowboy boots with me, and not caring what anyone else thinks when we do. Thanks for being my secret keeper, and supporting every choice I make whether it's good or bad. Thank you for understanding that I don't want to share you, and for being protective over me and always looking out for me. Thank you for reminding me that my happiness comes first. Thank you for being there for me through the hardest of times and the best of times; celebrating with me, crying with me, and laughing with me. Thank you for being my best friend, and for the forever friendship that we have found in one another.