An Open Letter to my Best Friends

An Open Letter to my Best Friends

I mean every word in this letter, 100%.

24
An Open Letter to my Best Friends

To the people who pick me up when I fall down. Who wipe my tears and offer a shoulder to cry on. Who never judge me. Who always listen to my complaints. Who show me love and support from miles away. To those who make me the happiest and truly care about me.

I was never great at keeping friends. It scares me still, to end up with no one. Yet, I haven't been the perfect friend, and I am so truly sorry. I can be selfish, petty, distant, and at times rude. But that never scared any of you away. You've seen the worst of me. Been through the good times and the bad. All of you have seen my tears, my sadness, my anger, my breakdowns and my hopelessness, whether it was a meaningless small conflict or a life-changing event. Through thick and thin, none of you have left my side.

And for that, I am eternally grateful.

Thank you for always going out of the way to make sure I'm okay. Thank you for always being ready to listen to my dilemmas. Thank you for always erasing my pain and frustration, even just momentarily. Thank you for making me feel loved and making me realize my self-worth. Thank you for letting me know it's okay to lean on you all when I need it most.

To the ones who never fail to give me the best advice, who always believe in my good character and never let other's opinions ruin that, the one who always makes me laugh and allows me to unapologetically be myself around you, who go out of their way to make sure I'm doing okay, who never make me feel like a burden, the ones who always listen to my troubles, allow me to rant, and assure me everything will be okay, I will always love you guys for that.

I may never show it, but the concerned texts, random Facetimes, silly Snapchats, and inside jokes slowly help me put the pieces back together.

You guys make me a better person. You guys bring me unlimited happiness. You guys make life so much better. I promise all of you, I too will be in your corner no matter. Because of you guys, I strive to be a kinder, more compassionate, more resilient, stronger person. All of you have taught me how to be grateful for the things I have.

I recently felt like nothing in my life ever worked out, like I was just unlucky, mediocre, and had nothing to live for. But now I realize I was so wrong. I have the best people on this planet on my side. Good grades and a successful career mean nothing if I have no one to share it with. I don't know how I got so blessed to find each and every one of you, but I won't question it, I'll just keep thanking my lucky stars.

Whether you're miles away in Michigan, right next to me in New York, or even in Spain temporarily, from the bottom of my heart, I am so incredibly grateful for you guys. I love you all with all my heart, more than words can describe. You guys mean the world to me and make this place a little kinder, more joyful, and I cannot thank you enough. I could never express all my love and gratitude in words, but I tried. Friends may come and go, but you guys are lifers- for the strongest love is the love of friendship.

PS- wrote this with Sam Smith blastin in the background