An Open Letter To College Students After Spring Break

Spring break is over, and college just got harder!

203
news.uic

Dear College Students,

Spring break is here, and soon it will be over. With spring break being over, that means it is time to go back to college and start procrastinating on more work. I don't know about you, but once spring break is over it is really hard to focus and want to do anything that involves work or studying! The weather starts to get nicer, the sun comes out, and being outside is just pure joy. Sitting in a classroom when it is nice out is nothing but torture, and I am sure that many college students can agree with me. I am writing this letter to tell you that we only have a little over a month of college left, and then we are officially done for the summer! It may be difficult to sit down and study or do work, but trust me, you can do it if you put your mind to it. Even though we may struggle to stay focused on school work, we can tell ourselves that we are almost done and that we can finish this last month or so out. At this point in the semester when spring break is over, you probably have a countdown going just like I do. If you don't have a countdown for the remaining days of the semester, try making one and you will find you pushing yourself into doing work knowing that it is almost summer time!

After spring break is over, you will also find yourself struggling to continue wearing winter clothes. There is just something about spring break that gets me wanting to put away my winter clothes and get out my spring and summer clothes. There is probably going to be chances for more snow, and colder temperatures which really makes you miserable because you are just ready to say goodbye to heavy sweaters, jeans, and boots! The sun will be shining more, which makes it even harder knowing that the temperature still is not warm enough to wear shorts, skirts, and sandals.

As a college student I am writing this to say that there might be struggles day in and day out after spring break, and it may seem nearly impossible to continue doing school work and studying, but let me tell you it is possible! Set your goal as working towards summer vacation, and think that each assignment you turn in and each exam you complete, you are one step closer to summer!

Sincerely,

A college student who is struggling just thinking of spring break ending