An Open Letter to My Parents

Thank You & I'm Sorry: An Open Letter To My Parents

You can wait for college and honestly, so can I.

297

Dear parents,

I don't want to grow up either. I want to always be your little girl and I always want to have you take care of me. I wish I could stop time because I feel it too, I'm growing up too fast.

I don't want to buy my own groceries and take care of myself when I'm sick, but I also can't wait to grow up to fulfill my dreams and give you grandkids. I can say I'm so grateful for you a thousand times every second but that still wouldn't amount to love and support you've given me. You've done everything for my brother and me, even if you don't think we notice, we do.

I remember being that 13-year-old girl that couldn't wait to be an adult and go to college and now that it is actually happening in a few short months I want to stop and go back. I want to apologize for every fight about me growing up too fast to tell you, you were right.

Dad, I'm sorry for going out with all those guys. You were right, they were dumb and a waste of my time. Thank you for being there to mend my first broken heart and offering to kick their ass. The first man I loved in my life was you and I know I can always count on you for the endless love back.

Mom, you're my rock. You've had my back countless times and I know you always will. Thank you for being the best shoulder to cry on and always telling me the truth. You've been by my side when I'm at worst and my best. I love you always!

I just want you to know, you did a great job raising me. I am healthy and I am happy and it all because of you. I could never ask for better parents because I already have the best.

I love you.