Thoughts of Leaving Campus For The Summer

It's after spring break, and we are soaking our last moments in school for the semester. Our professors are starting to prepare the last projects, exams, presentations, and more just to make us worry before we go back home.

The last few weeks of classes are to bring up your grade season as we are pleading for higher grades and extra credit in order to raise our GPAs. But it's also formal season as we sacrifice from days to weeks of preparing for "college prom." Getting an outfit, makeup, ride, food, money for drinks, whew. Too much.

Our last few moments with our organizations and clubs before the summer with seniors we loved, nurtured and sought for advice become depressing. We wonder, "how am I still going to be in the organization with the people we admired?"

Big events on campus are signals to the end of the semester - copping a lot of t-shirts to sleep in, last day of class parties, recognition ceremonies, and pool parties.

We have the best of times studying in the library for hours that you end up throwing a slumber party in the study room...

Then, there were the worst of times taking finals. And if you are lucky enough to have meals, bucks, whatever your school has on your card we reminisce our last meals on campus before the semester ends.

But the thought of leaving your dorm is the most depressing of all...and it starts with having to pack your life away. You think taking down large items are the hardest, but the hardest of leaving your dorm is to clean up your dorm. Then the best part of leaving is going back to your beloved home, your family, your pets, your loved ones. Some of us are lucky enough to find jobs and internships so we won't go broke. Some of us are able to have the best summer travels in our lives.

An ode to leaving campus, an ode to start your summer vacation. See you next fall.