An Ode to the Seasons

An Ode to the Seasons

We all have our own reasons to love the various seasons, and here are just a few.

413
An Ode to the Seasons

Everyone has a favorite season, right? For some, it's the season of their birthday and for others it's something as simple as the weather. So, here's a somewhat unbiased view of each season.

Winter. The first thing I think of is snow because I live in the Northeast. After that, I think about always being bundled up and having to deal with the endless layers of clothing, from multiple pairs of socks to hats, scarves, and gloves. However, the biggest thing is the irritating discrepancy between the outdoors and the indoors. Outside, your nose is red and your fingers don't exist; inside, you're melting and pulling off layers as fast as you possibly can. Personally, I like these both. I like the outdoors once I've gotten accustomed to the cold, and the inside once I've readjusted.

Spring. Rain and shine are the first things I think of. The weather is wonderful; there's new life budding every day and the sun is rarely hidden by clouds. However, when it is hidden, it stays hidden. Rain will last for an entire day or two, but never bring with it any thunder or lighting. I actually love this kind of rain, the kind that you can look like an idiot and dance in. I then think of my favorite smell, petrichor. Petrichor is the smell of grass or a forest after rain. I adore that smell. Thus making spring one of my favorite seasons.

Summer. Swimming pools and beach fun seem to be the first two thoughts that come everyone's mind. And, I admit, I'm not immune to that. I think of the pool and playing around in the water with friends. However, I also think about the pressure to have a so-called "summer body" from social media and peers. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm also constantly hot, doesn't matter what I'm wearing or where I am. Unless I'm in front of a fan, I am hot. Finally, summer makes me think of thunderstorms. Thunderstorms are amazing creations of nature, forces to be reckoned with but that are incredible to watch from safe indoors.

Autumn. Why does the weather in autumn so odd? In the morning, it's winter; in the afternoon, it's summer. This means that no one ever knows what to wear and when. However, there are also the changing leaves here in the Northeast. When those leaves begin to go gold and red and begin to fall, I know that autumn has officially come. It's one of my favorite seasons.

So, even if we all have our own favorite season and our own reasons for loving it, here's an actually totally biased review of each season. Hope you enjoyed! Maybe leave a comment if you think I missed something about a season. Chances are, someone else also thought of it.