An Ode To Cup Noodles, Because Yes, They Deserve It

I have yet to meet a college student who doesn't have at least a few packs of Cup Noodles in their dorm.

5

Previously, I wrote an article titled "My Ode To Granola Bars," and this is once again is a tribute to something that I could not have survived college without.

I came into college foolishly believing that dining hall food would suffice, and it did for my first year of college, but come my second year, I just could not bring myself to eat overly salted fries or orange-flavored chicken. I'm not even kidding about the chicken, seriously. I don't eat Cup Noodles every day, but when I'm craving it, I'll have a cup or two. Not to mention, Cup Noodles are extremely easy to prepare. I'm no Master Chef, but I can sure boil some water.

To a college student, the best foods are the ones that are the quickest to make when you're looking to eat something quick and convenient. Cup Noodles come in handy especially when it's raining or when you're snowed in. They're also sold for a pretty reasonable price, and there's a variety to choose from. Nothing will ever beat Shin Ramyun though.

I honestly have not met a single college student who doesn't have at least a few packs of Cup Noodles in their dorm. My suitemate eats Cup Noodles at 8 AM in the morning for breakfast, and another one of my friends eats two at a time for dinner. Some people may see Cup Noodles as the lazy way out of having an actual meal, but it's necessary at times because school food won't always cut it. Of course, you shouldn't depend on Cup Noodles entirely, but you should always have a few on you for emergencies and for those desperate times during finals season.