Unless you are from or have lived in Alabama for a long period of time, there are some things that non-Alabamians just don't understand. Alabama is a wonderful place to call home!
1. "Roll Tide" and "War Eagle" are often used as greetings. There is no other way. The rivalry is real.
2. You can just about tell what county someone is from by the way they wave to other cars while driving.
3. While the state bird is actually a Yellowhammer, everyone knows it should actually be the mosquito. They are EVERYWHERE.
4. There is no such thing as un-sweet tea.
5. There is no other way to play "Sweet Home Alabama" besides blasting it as loud as you can and dancing along to it.
6. The first day of deer season is a national holiday.
7. When the word "snow" is said in the forecast, you will not be able to find milk or bread anywhere.
8. You can correctly pronounce towns like "Oneonta" and "Opelika"
9. You know who Alexander Shunnarah and James Spann are
10. You've had to use your heat and AC within the same day
From Your Site Articles