The Rise Of The Game, 'Among Us'

The Rise Of The Game, 'Among Us'

Why has this game suddenly become so popular?

5
Bing Images

The free game "Among Us" has been very popular recently. It has been played all over my college campus and it is all I see on my YouTube recommended page and I do not even watch gamers. I was wondering what the hype was all about until I played it. The game came out in 2018 but has now been popularized this past month.

The game is a social game. One can either play with friends or can play with random people. In the game, there is an imposter and crewmates. The imposter goes around killing crewmates and every time someone in the group gets killed, the group has an emergency meeting and has to guess who the Imposter/killer is.

The game is fun because it is not too time-consuming and it holds your attention trying to figure out who the killer is in your group. Also, in the space-themed game, the crewmates have to run into different rooms and complete certain tasks in each room. The goal of the game is to complete all tasks without being murdered by the Imposter. If you are the Imposter, the way to win is to kill all of the crewmates.

In addition, Among Us has been a great way to communicate with friends and others since there are still COVID-19 restrictions. People can chat and problem-slove with a group of people while being socially-distant.