9 American Foods You Will Crave After Returning From Europe

American food isn't all bad.

203
Flickr

Whether you are coming home from a 4-month vacation or a 4-week vacation. Europe will give you a new outlook on food. You will find so many great meals in Europe and you will enjoy all it has to offer, but that does not mean you will not miss American food. In fact, you will miss quite a few foods. Here are a few on my list and maybe yours will be the same?

1. Tacos

This one may not necessarily be American, but trust me you will miss the taste of these delicious morsels. Tacos taste like love with the crunchy or soft shell. But they also include a little bit of a kick with the taco seasoning. They also include a bit of healthy when you add the tomatoes and lettuce. Tacos will be number one in your heart after your European trip and number one in your stomach.

2. Cookies/Cookie dough

Yes, Europe is known for plenty of great desserts such as gelato, cannolis, macaroons, or chimney cakes. Though, the taste of chocolate chip cookie is still heaven on earth because of the classic it truly is.

Besides the taste of a warm chocolate chip cookie meeting the needs of your taste buds you also have to remember to eat some of that amazing chocolate chip cookie dough! If you are willing to risk salmonella this is definitely on your list of foods to devour back on US soil.

3. Burgers

Everyone knows you can’t be a true American without missing the good’ol taste of a juicy- All-American Cheeseburger.

4. Mac and cheese

This one may sound stupid given that Europe, especially Italy, is known for pasta, but pasta is not mac and cheese. Mac and cheese deserves its own special category because it is the American comfort food to end all comfort foods. So, buy some Kraft mac and cheese or go to your favorite restaurant and devour a bowl of Mac and cheese! This will remind yourself that yes you are truly back in the US of A and its ok because you have Mac and Cheese!

5. Steak

I’m sorry if you are a vegetarian, but I had to add another meat because it’s in my American blood to crave all the red meat that this earth has to offer. So, if you too need your craving of a tender, juicy, steak don’t be ashamed. Go get one and gobble it up, you deserve it!

6. Hot dogs

I know this might not even be real meat, but who cares everyone loves a good grilled hot dog or veggie dog cooked straight from the grill. It just feels natural to slather it with mustard, ketchup and relish! Eat that hot dog and thank God you were born in the free with the opportunity to eat as many hot dogs as you want.

7.Chicken fingers

Yes, I am a child who still needs to eat some chicken fingers off the kid’s menu. Though let’s be real for a moment chicken fingers are the most reliable option to get off the menu because you always know they are reliable. In Europe, it may be challenging to find that one item that is your go-to, so go order some chicken fingers and remember they will never desert you.

8. Peanut butter

Okay, this one was so hard to live without. Europe is all about the Nutella, which is fine. Nutella is delicious don’t get me wrong, but it’s not as classic as peanut butter. It doesn’t have as much protein as peanut butter. Therefore, it’s simply not peanut butter and you need peanut butter to truly live the best American life you can!

9. Chex Mix/Cheese-Its

This one could also just be substituted with the word snacks! In Europe snacking happens so much less than in America. You will miss the sensual craving of a good afternoon snack. So, as soon as you get off that plane go eat a box of Cheese-Its for me.