American Apparel Is Not Up To A Good Start

America's favorite American-made brand says goodbye
44

Sorry to break it you, ladies and gentlemen, but 2017 is the year we’re saying goodbye to our favorite American-made brand. It’s time to stock up on bodysuits, mom jeans and rave gear because American Apparel will be closing this year. This means all of their 110 stateside locations, including the headquarters that are located in California. According to various sources, including the L.A Times, this includes the distribution center in La Mirada.

American Apparel has the largest sewing facility in North America and is known for being “sweatshop Free.” The brand was founded in 1997 by Dov Charney and during the 2000s this brand started becoming more popular because of its provocative ads.

I remember I use to shop at American Apparel for cute high waist shorts before they were everywhere and those ridiculously expensive $85 disco pants for any raving event. Unfortunately in the recent years, the sales started declining and the company declared bankruptcy two times in the past two years. Let’s not forget that company also went through some tough PR when sexual harassment allegations against Charney came to light.

American Apparel hasn’t released a statement yet. I did go online and checked on the website and it 40% storewide. If you’re looking to stock up on some cute leotards or everyday basics I suggest to check the site out.