6 Amazing Benefits That Come From Drinking Kombucha

This drink is packed with so many health benefits and still tastes amazing!

256

If you aren't familiar with kombucha, here's a quick definition. Kombucha is a fermented sweetened black or green tea drink with supposed health benefits and an alcohol content of less than 0.5 percent. I just recently found myself addicted to this power drink not too long ago and decided to do a little research after trying it for the first time. I was shocked to find out that there were so many health benefits that came with drinking this tea.

1. Plenty of probiotics 

Probiotics are key for a healthy gut. The term "bacteria" may sound a little scary at first, but there is such a thing as good bacteria. These help your health and can aid with weight loss, inflammation and digestion.

2. All the antioxidants

I feel like I hear the word "antioxidant" all the time, but I never really knew what it meant for a while. Antioxidants protect against free radicals. These can be extremely harmful to your cells, and they are everywhere. Antioxidants keep your immune system in mind, and they can come in forms such as Vitamin A or E. They also should be received directly from food or beverages, not supplements. Lucky for you, kombucha is packed with antioxidants.

3. Kombucha cares for your heart

Drinking kombucha could improve your heart risk factors and increase the odds of full recovery from a heart attack. This is probably my favorite health benefit that kombucha has, mainly because of America's growing obesity rate, which leads to an increase in heart issues. Heart disease is currently the number one cause of death for women around the world, so I think it is great that kombucha can be so beneficial for heart health.

4. Type 2 Diabetes support

Recent studies have shown that kombucha can slow down the digestion of carbs, which reduces blood sugar levels. 300 million people are currently affected by this chronic disease, so kombucha could be extremely beneficial to all of those sufferers. I also found it interesting that those who drink green tea have an 18 percent less chance of becoming diabetic, and since kombucha may contain green tea, it's a win-win.

5. Low in calories

The typical serving of kombucha can contain an average amount of just 30 calories. This is way less than that can of soda.

6. It tastes good, with a variety of flavors

You can find kombucha in a wide range of flavors, from ginger to watermelon. My favorite right now is green apple. There are also several brands of kombucha and different-sized bottles for your convenience.

So, what are you waiting for? Head to the grocery store and pick up some bottles of this miraculous beverage!