I Am So Here for Cardi B

I Am So Here for Cardi B

I didn't care for her at first, but Cardi B has a new fan!

1430
I Am So Here for Cardi B
Instagram

I don’t know about you guys, but I love Cardi B! But I didn’t always feel that way. When I first heard “Bodak Yellow” and I saw that she was the artist, I wasn’t onboard, to be honest. But the more I have learned about her and the more I have seen her in the public eye, the more I’ve seen that Cardi B is just a fun loving woman that has worked incredibly hard.

I don’t care if you don’t like her music or her choices, you have to admit that Cardi B has worked her butt off to be where she is. I know a lot of people have an issue with her being a stripper before she was on Love & Hip Hop, and while that’s never a choice I would make, I’m not going to look down on someone else. The reason she even started stripping was to gain her financial independence so that she could live on her own.

After she gained influence on social media, she was picked up by Love & Hip Hop. She has said over and over that yes, she’s got passion for making music, but she’s really got passion for making money. So she worked hard to produce music that people will listen to, and now she’s done it.

She’s topping the charts week after week, and she just dropped her debut album that is set to be number 1 on the Billboard 200 Chart. She’d be only the 5th female rapper to do that! What an accomplishment!! I’m all for women kicking butt in what they do!

Once I saw Cardi B on Jimmy Fallon, I knew I was going to be rooting for her for a long time. She is hilarious and genuine, two traits I love in people. I appreciate celebrities that seem to be real and don’t fake their personalities. I think half of the time, she doesn’t even realize she’s being funny, she’s just being herself.

Cardi B, keep doing what you’re doing. You are inspiring young women everywhere to follow their dreams and make their money. You didn’t get to where you are because of the relationship you are in, you got there because of you. And I will always have a tremendous amount of respect for that. Keep being you and you will continue to succeed, you’re on track to be one of the best!