7 Reasons Why You Should Be Proud To Be An Introvert

The world needs our strengths!

192

The world tends to favor extroverts: kids who eagerly raise their hands in class, job candidates who easily make small talk, and social butterflies who love loud parties. But there is actually great strength in being an introvert, meaning that you charge your batteries by being alone or with a few others rather than around lots of people.

To all the extroverts, don't underestimate us quiet people. We have observed that there are already enough people in this world who need to talk all the time to feel valued. And we would rather listen, notice, and perceive anyway. But mind us when we do speak!

Here are seven reasons why those of us introverts should be proud of it:

1) You are reflective.

So you often observe details or think of solutions that others do not see.

2) When you do have something to say, it is incredibly interesting and even profound.

When you don't have something to say, people may be able to tell what you're thinking based on your vivid facial expressions.

3) You're not necessarily shy and are capable of way more than others may think.

Perhaps you can act confidently and speak in front of a crowd if you need to, while allowing yourself time to recharge later.

4) People respect you for your ability to empower and give a voice to all.

You don't push people around either.

5) You're an amazing listener.

Seriously amazing. You truly hear people rather than what you want to hear or what you are about to say next.

6) People look to you to be calm and level-headed during difficult times.

Your habit of thinking everything through serves you well in these situations.

7) You're in good company: Gandhi, Einstein, Rosa Parks, Dr. Seuss, Beyonce, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (among many other successful people) describe themselves as introverts.

Need I say more? The world needs introverts to embrace their strengths!

If you want to learn more, read Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain.