9 Things You Go Through Being 'The Single Friend'
popular

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter...no, seriously I'm not...I swear.

2585

Everyone at some point in time has been the single friend. What people don't tell you is, it's fun being single, until you're the only one that doesn't have a date Friday night.

1. Trying to make plans with your girls on a weekend is almost impossible

No, really, it's okay. I'll just sit here and rewatch Gossip Girl and drink my wine by myself for the millionth time in a row.

2. You're constantly getting set up with their friends...and they normally don't go well.

Either he's a total douche and you're miserable or he instantly wants you to fall in love with him so he has someone to keep him from third wheeling like you.

3. You pretty much get to sit in silence while they all discuss their relationships. 

You basically just sit there and agree with what's being said, but you don't really have a relatable piece of advice to give.

4. You always hear "you're so lucky you're single."

Like yes, it's lovely sitting in my bed alone every. single. night. You really should be jealous.

5. You get to be the cute couple photographer when you go on group outings.

That cute Instagram picture my BFF posted with her boyfriend? Yeah, I probably took that.

6. You get to third wheel on their dates because they feel bad. 

But no, "you seriously won't be third wheeling".

7. You can't relate when your friends talk about engagement rings and which one they know they're getting.

Yeah, I need to find a boyfriend before I talk about having a fiance...

8. But, you already know which bridesmaid dress you'll be wearing at all of their weddings

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride...

9. Your ex sometimes starts to not sound so bad anymore...

...and then you snap out of it and realize you're still content being single.

Being the single friend has its perks. No, seriously, I swear it does, I'm 100% fine, honestly...