6 Water Alternatives That Will Quench Your Thirst This Summer

6 Water Alternatives That Will Quench Your Thirst While You Soak Up Those Rays

There's more to hydration than it seems.

1303

With the summer heat settling in, slowly but surely some of the "water tastes like nothing" individuals may be looking for some alternatives that actually have some taste. Here are some tasty — and healthy — substitutes.

1. Alkaline water

What makes alkaline water better than the water that comes out of your fridge or sink? Well, for starters, it has a higher pH level, which means that it contains less acidity. It is even believed that it is able to neutralize acid levels in the bloodstream.

2. Iced tea

Each tea has many of its own benefits, which is why this is such a great option as an alternative. Chamomile tea assists in relaxing you, whereas black tea contains some caffeine and can assist in alertness. Let's not forget that there are flavored teas! Keeping the importance of health in mind — try to not sweeten your iced tea!

3. Coconut water

Not only is it a tasty source of hydration, but it has many other benefits which include, but are not limited to, assisting heart health and reducing blood pressure. It's a source of several good nutrients, containing antioxidant properties, and it is greatly beneficial after prolonged exercise. Studies show that there may even be benefits against diabetes!

4. Fruit-infused water

A majority of the Gen Z population refers to this as "detoxing water." Different combinations of fruit can have different benefits. It all depends on what you feel like having!

5. Maple water

This would be a great option for those of you who have a sweet tooth. It contains antioxidants, electrolytes, minerals and prebiotics. And who doesn't like the taste of maple?

6. Aloe water

We are all aware of the many vitamins and minerals that the aloe vera plant contains. Therefore, it is quite unsurprising to find that aloe water — which is made from aloe vera (duh) — is just as healthy. Some brands even contain real pieces of aloe vera!