The Alphabet Of A Penn State Senior

The Alphabet Of A Penn State Senior

A bucket list to make sure you make the most of your final year in Happy Valley...

28
The Alphabet Of A Penn State Senior

The ABC’s for a Penn State Senior are unique. Other universities don’t have some of the special traditions that Happy Valley has to offer. This list also serves as a bucket list. If you’re a senior, make sure to make the most of your final year in State College.

A - Alcohol: During college, it wasn’t considered alcoholism. Drink as much, or as little, alcohol as you want. In the real world, it won’t be acceptable to shotgun a beer at 10 a.m. or drink Vlad and Natty.

B - Bar Hop: In your final months at Penn State, make every attempt to visit every bar downtown State College has to offer. Yes, even Chumley’s and Zeno’s.

C - Cafe 210 West: Spend an entire day drinking at Cafe.

D - Den Tuesday’s: The Den is the place to be on Tuesdays. Hands down.

E - Eat: as in eat at as many unique places State College has to offer: Some of those include Baby’s, The Brewery, The Corner Room, The Deli, Inferno, and Pickle’s.

F - Fifty Five Day’s of Cafe: If you aren’t just spending one day at Cafe, spend 55. If you complete the task, you get your name placed forever on a plaque. Imagine showing that feat to your kids.

G - Graduation: This dreaded word is something you should be proud of. You’ve worked up until this point to reach graduation. Be proud of your accomplishments.

H - Hike as in hike Mount Nittany: If you haven’t hiked Mount Nittany, this is the year to do so.

I - Indigo: Dance the night away at Indigo with your friends on Thursday. You can only twerk so much before people will start to judge you post-graduation.

J - Job: Upon graduation, hopefully you will have a job lined up. If not, don’t freak out. Many people graduate without a full-time job in place. You have time to search and find the job that is perfect for you.

K - Kicked out, as in get kicked out of a bar: State College bars can get pretty rowdy, but the bouncers will not take sh*t. Get trashed one of your last nights as a senior and get kicked out of a bar. That story about you getting kicked out of the Phyrst for attempting to sing with the band will make for a great story in the future.

L - Loans: There is usually a sixth-month grace period for you to start paying loans. Don’t spend all your money on alcohol because before you know it, the government will be after you.

M - Mifflin Streak: This is the year to cover your face and run naked down Mifflin Road. You don’t have to cover your face, but you never know whose Snapchat story you may end up on thanks to technology.

N - Nittany Lion: If you haven’t taken a picture with the mascot, get one! You’ll want that picture in the future. Track the Nittany Lion down and get that picture.

O - Old Main: Actually go inside it. Maybe even make it up to the Bell Tower.

P - Primanti’s: P-Man is a great bar to end your night at. The atmosphere is fun and all the TVs never have you missing a moment of the sports action. If you haven’t had a drunk duck, have one, or four.

Q - Quit, as in DO NOT QUIT: You’ve made it so far. Times may get tough, but you are almost at the finish line.

R - Resume: You are going to be passing out resumes left in right in order to look for a job. The career fair is a likely place where seniors will be passing out many resumes. Make sure to update them frequently and if you need help, ask. Career Services will gladly assist you with making sure your resume is perfect for job hunting.

S - Saloon: This is one of the last times it will be socially acceptable to drink a pitcher of mysterious types of alcohol, AKA a Saloon speciality, the Monkey Boy.

T - Tailgate: The Senior Tailgate is the place to be before football games in the fall. After years of anticipation, as a senior you can finally attend these tailgates up at the fields.

U - Undergraduate: Once you complete this year, you’ll be done with your undergraduate career. Well, if you don’t have any slip-ups that is. Go to class and do your homework to finish your undergrad strong.

V - Volleyball: If you haven’t been to a Penn State volleyball game, you should go. The men’s and women’s teams are both really good.

W - Whipple Dam: If you haven’t taken a dip in the lake, do it at least once before you graduate.

X - eX as in your ex-boyfriend or girlfriend: We go to school with over 40,000 undergraduates, yet always seem to run into the people we want to avoid the most. Come senior year, there’s many people you want to avoid like the plague.

Y - Yoga: Yes, as a senior it is acceptable to take yoga as a class for credit. People won’t judge you. In fact, your friends are going to be jealous.

Z - Zzzzzz: Don’t worry about getting enough sleep. Live it up because one day you won’t be a Penn State student. Sleeping can come after graduation.

Make the most of your final year in Happy Valley as a senior. Go out of your comfort zone to cross as much as you can off your bucket list.