Alpha Chi Omega's Healthy Relationships Week

Come celebrate Healthy Relationships week and join us for Pizza Pie with Alpha Chi on February 12th.

144

The ladies of Alpha Chi Omega at Florida State University pride our bonds of sisterhood on the foundation of our national philanthropy – Domestic Violence Awareness. Our passion is raising awareness about domestic violence to help end it. We want to empower women to seek help if they feel they are being abused.

To put some things into perspective for you:

• Between 2001 and 2012, there were 6,488 American troops killed in Afghanistan and Iraq. In that same time period, there were 11,766 American women murdered by current or ex male partners, almost twice the number of casualties as the war.
  • 10 million children are exposed to domestic violence every year.
  • A woman is beaten every nine seconds in the United States.

This year, we are celebrating Healthy Relationships Week, which takes place February 9-13th. We are extending the invitation to our community here in Tallahassee, and we would love for you to celebrate healthy relationships with us throughout that week. 

We are placing marked boxes around campus for canned food and women’s clothing to donate to our local Refuge House.

On Monday the 9th, and Tuesday the 10th, we encourage you to wear purple (for Domestic Violence Awareness) or orange (for Healthy Relationships).

On Wednesday the 11th from 10am-2pm, we would love to see you at the Student Union to take pictures with our photo booth and share your opinion on our “Love is…” wall.

Finally, come join us at our home, 518 W Park Avenue, at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday the 12th for Pizza Pie with Alpha Chi. For just $5 you get to enjoy some delicious pizza and some quality time hanging out with the lovely Alpha Chi gals.

Violence against women affects all of us, whether it is directly or indirectly. Come out to celebrate your healthy relationships and the women in your lives with the ladies of Alpha Chi Omega. We are excited to share this week with you and would love to see you at some or even all of the events!

Vagianos, Alanna. "30 Shocking Domestic Violence Statistics That Remind Us It's An Epidemic." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 23 Oct. 2014. Web. 03 Feb. 2015.