Love Is All You Need

Love Is All You Need

All you need is love this Valentine's Day

25
Love Is All You Need
Olivia Higdon

To whomever reads this article,

Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Have a valentine? Great! Don't have a valentine? Great! This Valentine's Day, take time to appreciate everyone in your life- even those who've taught you a lesson or two. Love is something we all really need lately.

Love your family. Love every one of them. Even through all the hard times you've spent with them. Love them, for they love you. They are part of who you are, and who you've become. They will love even your darkest of parts for what they are, and they would never try to change them. I know it sometimes feels like all they want is the best from you, but that's because they see the best in you.

Love your friends. Love them as they have loved you, even when you've fought for days on end. Love your friends for what they've done for you and what you've done for them. Appreciate the little things: the laughter, the tears, and everything in between. Think of all the memories you've shared with them, and all the memories you'll create with them. I know it sometimes feels like you're alone in this world, but your friends will always have your back.

Love your significant other. Love them for the way they hold you on your bad days, or for the way they laugh with (or at) you when you fall on your face. Love them for their imperfections, for they love yours. Love how you'll grow old with them, or with how you'll learn with them. Hold them close to your heart and feel the passion around you both as you start a new adventure with them.

Love your enemies. Love them for the lessons they've taught you, and for the realizations that they've given you. Love them for the way you now know how to handle tough situations, or for the way you can create real friendships and relationships. Appreciate the way they've taught you more about yourself in times of trouble, and how they've taught you to grow from mistakes.

But most importantly this Valentine's Day, love yourself. You've grown so much by learning from your family, friends, significant other, and even your enemies. You deserve the best out of this world, and you deserve to give it to yourself. Love all your faults and all your strengths, for they don't define you, but help you grow into the person you'll become some day. You are a ray of sunshine, yet as powerful as lightning. Be strong, be brave, and embrace all you are, have been, and will be.

To whomever reads this article,

I hope you have the best Valentine's Day you've had yet. You deserve it.