All I Want This Holiday Season Is You

The holiday season is the hub of all gift giving. A new Ipad, laptop, hairbrush, gloves, you name it, there is no better thing to do around this time of year. Or perhaps you might want to give a little something back to a local charity or a cause you care about like gifts for the homeless. Your time can't be better spent than giving to those who actually need the support or gifts they can't afford for their children. As children we grew up getting so many different types of gifts from our families, whether it be a dollar bill or a new car. But sometimes the most valuable gift is to spend the holidays with someone you love.

Recall that first moment you look into that person's eyes after not seeing that person for a long time.

It is a long, endearing look. Whether it be your boyfriend, girlfriend, dad, mom, sister or brother, you have been waiting for that moment to see them.

And spending every moment with them is so worth it.

You look forward to the memories you will develop with this person. It doesn't matter if it is just a few hours, days or weeks. Any memory you can build with this person is worth it.

Even the little moments count.

Going to the super market: that counts as a moment. Doing laundry together: that counts as well.

I don't need anything wrapped up in a bow.

If you just give me the bow (because I like bows) and you that will be just perfect.

I don't need any fancy gift cards to places I like.

While those gift cards will save me a lot of money later on, I want those moments to be shared at Peets Coffee or in Forever 21 (for three hours) to be shared with you.

It doesn't cost a penny to say "don't get me anything this holiday season."

Just tell this person you just want to go on a nice walk with them or eat dinner together and talk for a few hours afterwards.

I don't need any physical bought item to make me happy.

As long as I have you, my time is well spent.

So don't go out looking for gifts. Write a nice card, take time to give a long endearing phone call, anything you can do will count to show the person you care about that you genuinely care.