All I Want For Christmas Is My Best Friend

3 reasons why my best friend is the only thing on my Christmas list.

102
Elizabeth Colagrande

Life is super hard when you don't get to see your best friend for an entire semester. Yes, you have friends at school, but they don't know you as well as your best friend does. Sure, there's fall and Thanksgiving break, but not everyone comes home for those breaks. Even if they do come home, there still isn't enough time to do all the fun best friend things you wanted to do. Basically, being away from your best friend for four months sucks. That's why, for people like me, there are 3 main reasons why your best friend is #1 on your Christmas list.

1. You get to do all the Christmas things you both wanted to do in less than 5 days.

If you're obsessed with the Christmas season, then you know what it's like to want to do every little fun Christmas thing with the people you care about. So when you and your best friend come home the week before Christmas, it automatically becomes the most wonderful time of the year trying to make Christmas cookies, decorate the tree, go Christmas gift shopping, see NYC at Christmas all in under five days. After all, Christmas is all about being with those you love most. Obviously, your best friend is one of those lucky people.

2. You have a bar buddy for New Years Eve.

Yes, it's fun to go to the bars with your friends, but going to the bar with your best friend is the greatest thing ever. You get to have a dancing buddy, drinking buddy, and Uber buddy for the entire night without being judged for how much of a total hot mess you probably are. There's also no other person you would want to start the New Year off with other than your best friend.

3. Your best friend is the greatest and only gift you could ever want/receive.

There aren't a lot of perfect best friends in the world so you feel lucky enough that you and your best friend are. It's so hard not being able to see them every day, so the time you have together during the holidays is the most precious and joyous time you can have. You can spend your entire break with someone who would drop everything to go to half apps at Applebee's, binge watch movies on Netflix, or just to hang out and talk. Friendships are unique and special, but best friendships are indescribable. That's why Mariah Carey's tune still rings true, because "all I want for Christmas is you".