All One Direction Albums, Ranked

All One Direction Albums, Ranked

A lifelong directioner who is attempting to keep the magic and music alive.

3981
All One Direction Albums, Ranked
PopCrush

Anyone who has ever met me knows that I am a HUGE One Direction girl. I mean, Harry Styles cardboard cut-out, seen them in concert on multiple occasions, cried when Zayn first left fangirl status. My high school did a piece in the news broadcast about said obsession. Now, even years after their temporary dismantling (yes, temporary, let a girl dream), I still listen to their music on repeat constantly. Here is the definitive, no questions asked, absolute ranking of the five One Direction albums.

5. Midnight Memories, 2013

I have a feeling this may be an unpopular opinion. LISTEN. Any One Direction album is a gift simply for existing. But as far as rankings go, this 2013 album is not their best. Even with anthems like Best Song Ever, or Story of my Life, it is hard to look at Midnight Memories as a cohesive album. I think this really fed their stereotype of having cheap, shallow songs that don't showcase their writing and vocal ability. But honestly, Little White Lies is going to be BLASTED at my funeral.

4. Take Me Home, 2012

This was another hard choice for me. There are significant bops that helped raise me (i.e. Kiss You and Live While We're Young), but, again, I don't think it highlights their true, unadulterated, God-given, amazing, spectacular, never been done before, etc. talent. The only songs that hit me hard were Rock Me (my forever national anthem) and Over Again. As an album, it is kind of lackluster.

3. Up All Night, 2011

OKAY. People are going to give me hell because I put this here, above Take Me Home and Midnight Memories. But, Up All Night was their breakthrough. I'm talking "What Makes You Beautiful," "One Thing," and 'More Than This," but that's just scratching the surface. This made One Direction who they are (not were, are) today. Without this album, they wouldn't exist. When I go back and listen to these songs, it's like listening to nursery rhymes: familiar and comforting. It never gets old.

2. Made in the A.M., 2015

WON'T YOU STAY 'TIL THE AM. The songwriting, the vocals, everything on this album screams artistic mastery and just so much talent. Plus, without Zayn, they did a great job (because who needs him, honestly). "Drag Me Down" was the most played on the radio from this album, but it definitely isn't the best song. I will maintain, until the day that I die, that "I Want to Write You a Song" is truly the most beautiful love song of all time. Also, "End of the Day" and "Long Way Down" are masterpieces. Fight me, if you think I'm wrong.

1. Four, 2014

Honestly, this is their most cohesive and beautifully written album. I think it has something to do with the acoustic quality and overall depth of song and song topic. Even with pop hits like "Steal My Girl," there are some truly beautiful and heartbreaking songs like "Where Do Broken Hearts Go?" and "18." Anytime "Clouds" comes on shuffle I die a little inside. "Stockholm Syndrome" had me reading those 'One Direction kidnapped me' fanfictions circa 2014. Overall, it marked the moment that they were no longer simply a pop boy band, but artists with writing talent that was clearly real.

I am sorry to the Directioners who I am personally offending if I did not rank them according to your views. But, disclaimers, I still love each of these. They are apart of the wonderous, magical journey of One Direction. They are all 5-star albums, but there are those that are better than the best.