Gabi Sklar On New Music, Dream Collaborations And More

She's an upcoming singer-songwriter with a bright future.

187
Big City Thoughts

If you haven't heard of singer-songwriter Gabi Sklar, you may be missing out on one of the best upcoming artists of 2018. This Long Island native, student and musician has been able to do it all while managing to stay humble. Sklar's single "Liberteens" is a song you won't mind getting stuck in your head and her success has only just begun. She opened up about college life, writing songs, growing up watching YouTube and more in an interview.

Q: Where do you attend college currently?

A: I go to the University of Miami, but I'm in New York for meetings and to go to the studio. To be home!

Q: You're majoring in music. Can you tell me a little bit about the program at the University of Miami?

A: The program is called the "M.A.D.E." program which is musicianship, artistry, development and entrepreneurship. You get a little bit of every aspect of the industry.

Q: How is it balancing a social life, friends (at home and at school) and then music?

A: It's extremely difficult... I'm not going to lie. I think there's a lot of sacrifices that are made, but at the end of the day, this is what I want to do. It's kind of cool because my experiences in school contribute to my music and vice versa. I love it. It's a great experience.

https://www.instagram.com/gabisklar/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/gabisklar

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gabisklarofficial