AJR Lyrics That Hit (Maybe) Too Close To Home

though your trust is stolen, though your heart is broken, you are never broken​

1081
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/27/636604397794554112-1679881667_AJR.jpg

"Let's toast the one's who got away... three cheers for what we didn't say... let's drink to everything we've got... let's dance for everything we're not"

(Livin' On Love)

"Growing up it made me numb, and I wanna feel something again"

(Sober Up)

"Nobody knows what you're going through, so you just be you, and I'll be that, too. No one should know if you bleed red or blue, you just bleed you, and I'll sit with you"

(It's On Us)

"And you're the one I'm looking for. It's so wrong... I didn't know until you were gone"

(Buy You a Rose)

"One sip, bad for me. One hit, bad for me. One kiss, bad for me... But I give in so easily"

(Weak)

"Should I hang my head low? Should I bite my tongue? Or should I march with every stranger from Twitter to get sh*t done?"

(Burn the House Down)

"Can we skip to the good part?"

(The Good Part)

"No point in dreaming if you’re alone. No point in walking without the road. No point in crying without that someone there beside you, saying it will be OK"

(Growing Old on Bleecker Street)

"Am I ready for love? Or maybe just a best friend, should there be a difference, do you have instructions?"

(Turning Out)

"A year from now, we won't be pretty. A year from now, we won't be young"

(The Green and The Town)

"It's not your fault you don't feel safe. It's not your fault, so don't take blame"

(It's On Us)

"And don't be afraid of the love that you have, I won't let you down like the other boys did"

(Alice by the Hudson)

"I'm not where I'm supposed to be; I hope that you're missing me"

(Sober Up)

"Feel like I need to forget you, runaway girl cause I let you. Now you found some other man you see... I'm better off without you, cause the man ain't me!"

(The World is a Marble Heart)

"We had to part, couldn't break her heart 'cause their blood pumps through her veins"

(Pitchfork Kids)

"In my mind I thought the birds would sing and sparks would fly, but it's just quiet. Am I cruel? Or am I ignorant or was I fooled, by the stories I knew."

(Turning Out)

"Was it all in my head? In an empty bed. And I told you that I need you baby, can't you see I'm alone?"

(Infinity)

"So, who am I to take away what makes you feel this great?"

(No Grass Today)

"We break up with lovers and friends, make love to the rumors instead. Maybe we're addicted to it all, the drama is dangerous- but it's so exciting to us"

(Drama)

"Lift the weight up off your back, you're with me, love, just relax"

(Woody Allen)

"And its tough believing, there’s someone living out there, happier than me"

(Growing Old on Bleecker Street)

"I'm going back now to the beginning... what you denied from the start..."

(The World is a Marble Heart)

"Beauty lies, within the eyes of the beholder... I'll be holding you close all night"

(I'm Ready)

"You say I turned out fine... I think I'm still turning out"

(Turning Out)

"Though your trust is stolen, though your heart is broken, you are never broken."

(It's On Us)

"Well I’m done sippin’ on that love, it’s another bumpy road"

(Thirsty)

"I'm just a boy who's telling a girl, that when I grow up I'll buy you a rose"

(Buy You a Rose)

"Met so many faces that will probably forget me. Boy, I bet I look so grown up, shirt tucked in my jeans"

(Call My Dad)

"...but I'm scared as hell, that you won't like me in the morning. Oh, that you won't like me, the way I like you"

(3AM)

"Take my hand, and let me know that it feels good to feel at home"

(The Green and The Town)

"But when we cry, we cry together"

(Growing Old on Bleecker Street)

"It's the loneliest life that we live"

(Pitchfork Kids)

"You're working so damn hard, you forgot what you like"

(Come Hang Out)

"One last chance to make it real. Baby, I wanna tell you how I feel"

(Livin' On Love)

"Someone told me to be selfless, but we are helpless without attention"

(Three-Thirty)

"I won't forget you, but I may… forget your name"

(I'm Ready)

"Who are we to wonder where we're going? Who am I to tell me who I am?"

(Netflix Trip)

"You cannot rush what can’t be timed"

(Growing Old on Bleecker Street)

"'I'm just high off the music and I don't wanna miss it"

(No Grass Today)

"Break me down, I'm ready, break me down... are you ready?"

(I'm Ready)

"I just really wanna call my dad... I feel so broke up, I wanna go home"

(Call My Dad)

"Like a flower sheltered in stone, with no chance of regrowing"

(The World is a Marble Heart)

"I'm a little kid with so much doubt, do you want to be there to see how I turn out?"

(Turning Out)

"I will search the green, and I will search the town. But I will never find no one like you"

(The Green and The Town)

"If there's a good part, then I hope it's not far, 'cause I thought it'd be today"

(The Good Part)

"My favorite color is you. You keep me young, and that's how I wanna be"

(Sober Up)

"We act like reality shows, probably 'cause reality blows"

(Drama)

"You start thinking about the clock ticks, you get nervous, you start stressing"

(Three-Thirty)

"Boy it's good to know I got a bud like you!"

(Bud Like You)