Airplane Packing Hacks

Airplane Packing Hacks

Get where you're going with less luggage hassle.

25
Airplane Packing Hacks
McKenzie Terrell

This past weekend I went to visit my family in Wisconsin. Going to Wisconsin from Virginia usually means flying, and flying means having to lug my belongs around with me everywhere. Obviously, this is extremely annoying (especially when flying alone). So now, after having spent many, many hours in airports and on planes, I have come up with a few packing for an airplane hacks.

1. Don't check luggage.

Try to fit every object you're taking in only a carry-on and one personal item. This avoids baggage claim, lost baggage, and extra fees. I personally like a duffle bag and a backpack.

2. Forget items you know you won't use or can borrow.

No, you don't need to bring that jacket you haven't worn in three years just because "it might be cold". Are you going to visit your cousin whom you know has a straightener? Leave yours here.

3. Roll clothes.

Rolling you clothes while packing can save room in your bags!

4. Download your boarding pass onto your phone.

Trust me, it's 1000 times either. If your ticket is on your phone, you're less likely to lose it or forget it.

5. Travel size toiletries!

It seems obvious, but seriously. Don't bother taking your whole toothpaste. It's dumb.

6. Download a movie on Netflix.

Most airports and some planes have WiFi these days, but not all. So surf Netflix for a movie or show available for download and have it read for entertainment purposes.

7. Bring a phone charger brick.

Usually, you can find an outlet someplace, but truly these are the best for emergencies.

8. Blankets that fold into pillows!

Get yourself a blanket that can fold into a pillow pocket, because trust me it's worth it. You won't get cold and you have a soft place to rest your head.

In summary, the less you take, the easier it makes things. But don't forget to bring a few other entertainment options! A good book and some music are traveling essentials.