It’s My First Time Flying And I’m Terrified

Think about it. A big hunk of metal, with humans on it, flying through the air.

34
Wonderful Engineering

Everyone's got their own fears, hidden or not, and this is one of my biggest. I love the idea of looking out the window and seeing the world from that perspective. Clouds have always been such a fascination of mine, and being right there flying through them seems almost too hard to believe.

I'm finding it even harder to grasp the idea of me flying for the first time in three short days.

Since my casting with Bang Energy, I was asked to represent them during Miami Music Week, and to put the icing on the cake, Ultra Music Festival. When I first got the email, I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. I thought I was dreaming. I always talked about going to music festivals all the time, but never went to one.

I've always had to focus my money elsewhere and just live through the experiences everyone else had. It came as such a surprise and such an honor to represent a company I already initially loved so much. The only scary part is the flight.

Ever since I was little, I've always feared planes and the idea of them. I was in aftercare decorating cookies when my mom came in and picked me up on 9/11/2001. I was little then, but as I got older and became more aware of the aftermath that 9/11 had, my fear of planes grew even stronger.

It's been a whole year of firsts for me, and when I first got my invite to Miami, I immediately thought about the flight. It's not going to be easy, but I am excited. I've been mentally preparing and asking as many questions as I can to the ones around me who have already flown.

"Will I know where to go to get on the plane?"

"Where do I even go?!"

"What can I bring, and what can't I?"

The only description of airports I've ever known or seen have been hectic and tiresome, and the thought of bringing something and it not making its way back to you is scary.

I think when it comes to the fear of flying, it comes from thinking about all of the possible things that could go wrong. Instead, you're better off filling your head with all the positive thoughts of your trip!

I'm hoping for safe travels and a lot of memories to write about!