Airbnb Has Changed How People Look At Hotels

Airbnb Has Changed The Way People Travel, And We're All For It

The Airbnb effect is a real thing, people

63

When someone of our generation looks for a place to stay, they automatically search on Airbnb. Why? Sometimes it's cheaper, easier, in better locations than hotels. Ultimately, people don't really think to look so much at other options anymore, at least people of a younger generation.

Abroad, you learn to look at hostels as well as hotels and Airbnb...whatever is going to give you the cheapest price. But when you actually look and compare all three, most of the time, Airbnb tends to give you a good location and decent price.

In an Airbnb, you not only get a room to stay, but you also get access to a full kitchen and bathroom. If none of that interests you, it could have a cheaper price tag than a hotel room for the weekend. Then, comparing a great location, good price, and amenities, the choice seems obvious.

This has forced hotels to come up with new ways to keep their customers. Certain hotels, like Marriott, have started to sell home-rental packages in order to compete. Hotels have had to get creative, like creating dual purposes for rooms, like the ability to turn normal rooms into conference rooms.

Especially now that Airbnb has started expanding the "Airbnb Experience," the company has taken over even more. Similar to some type of TripAdvisor activity, Airbnb Experience suggests fun ways to "experience" a city. You can reserve a horseback ride through the Spanish countryside or a wine tasting tour in the south of France. It's a great way to get to know a city or an activity to do while visiting somewhere for the weekend.

When thinking of where the hotel industry is headed, Airbnb seems to be the future.