AHS Season 8: Apocalypse

AHS Season 8: Apocalypse

I've been waiting forever for this season to appear on Netflix, and now I have a lot to say!

6
AHS Season 8: Apocalypse

Surprisingly, I only recently started watching American Horror Story, in 2018. The first season premiered in 2011; I'm super late I know. I always heard how great the series was, I wanted to see for myself. I figured the series was way too established in the plot department for me to jump right in. I later learned that I didn't need to watch the series in chronological order to be "caught up". So, I took that information and ran with it!

Fast forward to season 8. Oh wait, you may be wondering why I don't watch the series on television? It's not often I watch t.v., I prefer Netflix or Hulu.

Now, back to the crazy season of Apocalypse! For me, it's a breath of fresh air, especially after proceeding Roanoke and Cult; Roanoke being my least favorite season of the entire series. Apocalypse brings back the old fashioned horror and drama the series is known for. One thing I immediately noticed ware the writers playing with the incorporation of a past season (Coven); as far as I can remember, this has not been done before. While a viewer can still watch this season without being too confused, it was interesting to me that they decided to mix things up toward the end of the series reign.

Judging by the title, I thought the plot would follow a bunch of innocent humans fighting for survival. Well, it does in a way. But these people aren't ordinary and of course, the plot has many layers to it. Sarah Paulson plays a mix of a protective leader and a cunning being; her role of the Coven's supreme and that of the apocalypse survival leader merge effortlessly.

The star of the entire season, Michael Langdon (Cody Fern) is a powerful force brought about by original cast members, Tate Langdon (Evan Peters) and Vivian Harmon (Connie Britton). In season 1, Harmon was unknowingly impregnated by Langdon; Langdon was in fact not an actual being, but a spirit. This caused the hellish anti-Christ of Michael Langdon. Marie Laveau (Angela Bassett), Queenie (Gaborone Sidibe), Fiona Goode (Jessica Lange), and Zoe Benson (Taissa Farminga) all aid in the fight against Satan and his helpers in the battle of surviving the horrific, dreadful apocalypse. Billy Porter and Emma Roberts add comedic relief to the season with their feisty, witty words.

There were a countless number of twists and turns that I wasn't ready for, but glad I experienced them. I cannot wait to watch season 9: 1984; it looks like one hell of a ride!

In the words of season 8, let the end times begin.