'American Horror Story' Is Back

'American Horror Story' Is Back for Your Wednesday Night Fix

If you're into horror or just Evan Peters, "American Horror Story" is the show that has taken the world by storm.

83

The popular FX show returned to TV on Wednesday, September 12th for its eighth season: Apocalypse. Creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk announced that the show would be renewed for this season back in January of 2017, telling everyone that it would incorporate earlier seasons "Murder House" and "Coven." In June, filming for the season began and the theme was announced.

The cast consists of past season favorites such as Sarah Paulson, Taissa Farmiga, Billie Lourd, Emma Roberts, and of course, Evan Peters. Farmiga and Paulson will be reprising their "Murder House"and "Coven" roles, along with new ones. Evan Peters will also be reprising the role of Tate Langdon from "Murder House" and a new role. After leaving the show following the fourth season, "Freak Show", beloved AHS original Jessica Lange is scheduled to return for one episode and reprise her "Murder House" role of Constance Langdon.

According to the official trailer released earlier this month, this season depicts that it is "the end of the world." It begins with Evan Peters and newcomer Joan Collins on an airplane that seems to crash. From there, flashes of characters from both season one and season three are mixed together in this future post-apocalyptic era. Cameos from infamous past characters such as the now grown-up antichrist Michael Langdon, Rubber Man, and the rest of the Coven are also seen throughout the trailer.

Along with Joan Collins, this season has many new faces. Kyle Allen and Ashley Santos will make their AHS debut by playing the characters of Timothy Campbell and Emily. Newcomer Cody Fern will be playing the role of Michael Langdon, who is the son of Tate Langdon and Vivian Harmon that we see born in "Murder House". Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks makes her appearance as a part of the Coven.

"AHS: Apocalypse" is an all-star reunion of characters from throughout the whole series. We can't wait to see what Ryan Murphy has in store for the rest of this season and for seasons to follow.

Watch "AHS: Apocalypse" on FX every Wednesday night at 10 P.M.