An Evening "Of Greetings And Goodbyes"

There are no words to explain the feeling when I went to see AFI for the first time, February 10th in Orlando. They were joined by support acts Nothing and Souvenirs, which were both nothing short of incredible.

With a room packed with 2 thousand other people anxiously waiting, you can feel the anticipation for AFI to come on stage. As soon as the lights cut, you could hear the intro to "I Hope You Suffer" start to kick in following the members coming on stage. Then everything stopped and they went right into "Miss Murder" which was pleasantly surprising. Fun fact: "Miss Murder" was the very first song I had heard from them back in 7th grade.

They were touring in support of their new self-titled album called "AFI (The Blood Album,)" which should definitely be on your records to check out if you haven't heard it yet. The entire band had the whole audience captivated, particular the vocalist, Davey Havok, who is very theatrical.

They played roughly around 20 songs, expanding through their entire catalog with a different set each night, leaving all of us wondering what our show would be getting (my boyfriend, Andrew, is still salty about not enough crash love songs.)

This night will be unforgettable and I can only hope that I can catch them at least one more time before the year is over. If AFI is coming to a city near you, I would most definitely recommend checking them out!