Aerie Real Campaign Swimwear

Aerie Is The Only Lingerie/Bathing Suit Company Who Is Getting It Right

Aerie is the only company willing to break the societal beauty expectations and changing the way women view themselves.

57
https://www.pexels.com/photo/assorted-color-string-bikini-top-1051746/

My hips, butt, and thighs came at around the age of fifteen. They came completely involuntarily at the age of puberty and haven't left since. Over the years I have learned to embrace it, but I feel like society hasn't. I run half marathons, rock climb, squat 180lbs, work out religiously and eat a vegan diet. I am in shape, but according to the latest fashion magazine, I am clearly not.

These days it is a body type that is viewed as ideal and healthy, and let's be honest curvy girls are considered 'less attractive' in today's society. Fat shaming girls who are not fat is a huge issue to the rise in eating disorders and body dysmorphia all across America.

Victoria Secret promotes that only one body type is attractive. Tall and slender, not short and slender, and certainly not curvy. I have a problem with this. And nine times out of ten the girls in the fashion industry are photo-shopped and airbrushed so much they look completely different when at home in sweats. I want to empower all women; curvy, skinny, tall, and short.

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/girl-codes-to-liv...

American's talk about inclusivity, but we are not there yet. Part of the reason for this is the media shaping our ideas of what is beautiful. Watching Disney Channel growing up it seemed like only the unpopular or quirky characters were curvy girls. Look at Harper vs. Alex for all of my 'Wizards of Wavery Place' fans, or the bully on Hannah Montana. I felt like different from the characters because my body looks more like Nicki Minaj than Selena Gomez (Both of who are beautiful women).

This is Victoria Secret's Perfect Body Campainhttps://www.businessinsider.com/victorias-secret-p...

Aerie is one of the only companies I've seen willing to break these societal beauty expectations.

Aerie is the only bathing suit company to put all girls on their magazines, website, social media, and their commercials. They make swimwear for people who don't fit the standard of beauty women are supposed to fit in. They refuse to use airbrushing and it makes a huge difference.

One of their models, Iskra Lawrence is very outspoken about not using airbrushing.

It may not be the popular idea, but Aerie is going for it anyway and they are doing an amazing job. This lingerie and swimwear's brand is up by 20% and I hope it keeps rising. Aerie has surpassed including all body types by expanding to models in a wheelchair, skin disorders, and other disabilities.

Aerie's efforts don't go unnoticed.

These campaigns are what I would want my future daughter to see because they are changing the way women view themselves in a positive way.

Aerie's Body Positive Campaignhttps://www.theodysseyonline.com/we-are-enough-and...

See the difference?

I like buying clothing from a company that gets it. That understands the meaning of including everyone.

Let's quit body shaming other women, and lets starting empowering one another to live healthy lifestyles even if it's not in style.