Advice: Relationships, Sports And Life In General

It's your life. What you gonna do?

15

We've spent the last two weeks watching athletes from all over the world dominate in the Olympics. Personally, seeing girls my age, like Katie Ledecky, win gold medals makes me want to work on becoming more successful. Chloe Esposito said, "I just had this gut feeling. And I thought 'I think it's going to happen.'" We can all make our dreams a reality if we take on her mindset! With the closing ceremonies happening this weekend, I thought I would share an abundance of advice to keep us all inspired! I asked my family and friends to share the most memorable advice they've received or live their life by.

Advice on People and Relationships

"Don't be surprised when someone tries to f**k you over" -Julia

"People suck" -Julia

"Don't worry about what other people think of you, as long as you have people that love you and make you happy forget everyone who judges you." -Rebecca

"People who mind don't matter and people who matter don't mind" -Brandie

"Golf boys are sexy and tempting but they will turn you into a nut case" -Brandie

"have the courage to live a life true to yourself not the life others expect of you" Dorian's papa

"Stop living your life for others" Hayden's mom

"The best revenge is to move on, get over it, and continue to succeed. Never give someone the satisfaction of watching you suffer" -Dorian

"Stay the hell away from Kyles and Matts because they all suck" -Brandie

Advice for Sports

"Open your damn left foot" -Mason

Advice on Life in General

Don't do drugs. Stay in school -Rebecca's grandma

"You didn't come this far to only some this far" -Julia

"Admit nothing, deny everything, and make counter accusations" -My dad

"Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none."-My sister (quote from William Shakespeare)

"Kill em all and let God sort em out" -My brother

"Get a fishing license and sit on it" -My dad

"I'm still thinking" -My mom

"When you're burned, you've got nothing. No cash. No credit. No job history. You're stuck in whatever city they decide to dump you in" -My brother (from the television show, Burn Notice)

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -My dad

"Close this and open these" -My dad's advice to my sister

"Listen to understand, not to reply." -My mom

"Don't be afraid to laugh at yourself" -My mom

"Is it going to matter in five days? Five years?" -My mom

"Dude if you wanna see terrible acting watch a lifetime movie" -Brandie

"What will be, will be." -Me

"Do what's best for you so you can be the best you-in other words don't worry about what others think. If it makes you happy and you're not hurting anyone else do what makes you happy" -My mom

I hope with the school year coming up right around the corner this helps to keep you motivated! Go after what you want and remember you're in charge of your own destiny! Try to find inspiration in all that you do. It makes staying motivated a little bit easier. And hey, if all else fails, grab yourself a drink! (Actual advice I got from a friend)