5 Pieces of Advice from My Best Friend's Dad

5 Pieces Of Advice From My Best Friend's Dad

Dads can do more than just crack jokes and grill.

237

I recently learned not only do best friends have awesome advice but so do their parents. My best friend's dad always seems to give the most quirky, yet useful advice. Thanks, BFFs dad for these wise words.

1. Life hacks are dumb, especially if they involve a hot glue gun 

His hate for trendy life hacks went deep, but basically said never make anything more difficult than it has to be. Many things will be considered a "hack," when really you're just doing more work. Also, hot glue guns area pain in the ass.

2. Don't challenge a truck if you drive a small vehicle.

If you drive a puny Honda civic, maybe don't honk at a truck that's trying to merge into your lane. Pretty self explanatory.

3. Delete all controllable factors.

If you're lugging around traits about you that others can easily control, get rid of them. Also, don't let boys control you. Ever.

4. Be who you want, but be able to joke about it.

Whoever loves you will love you exactly for who you are... they will also make jokes about you. Don't let them laugh at you, let them laugh WITH you.

5. Independent women are strong women.

Women can be strong women without hating men. Also, know how to compromise, not control.