Advice Only A Grandma Can Give

Advice Only A Grandma Can Give

A book of handmade love from my grandma that I will always cherish.
90

For Christmas in 2013, my Grandma gave my sister and I each a spiral book full of homemade pages from the heart.

Some pages had references to God, some had quotes to heal a sad heart, and some had just creative and simply beautiful designs.

I've brought this book with me to college and I don't regret it. In fact, I will always cherish this book of handmade love from my Grandma and I'll carry it with me to wherever I end up in life.

Here are 10 of my favorite pages that I look back on when times are tough and days are dreadful.

1. Isn't my Grandma just the coolest artist? I can't imagine the time and effort this took and I am so grateful!

2. Beautiful watercolor painting with some beautiful wise words!

3. I love this piece. Whenever I look at it, I imagine my Grandma sitting in her craft room and smiling as she's creating her beautiful art!

4. This page is one of my favorites! Simple reminders that make my whole day better!

5. I had this one up and on my desk for the longest time. When I moved into college, I was scared and worried I wouldn't perform to the best of my abilities to make my family and friends proud. However, when I looked at this, I truly did feel brave enough to fly on the hardest days!

6. I absolutely love the creativity in this page. I absolutely love my Grandma and it's very clear when looking at this page just how much she loves and cares for me!

7. I have always loved Dr. Seuss, and I'm thankful my Grandma remembered this and included it in this book to remind me that not everyone is as lucky as I am to have a loving family, amazing friends, and wonderful opportunities within this life!

8. This is the page I currently have sitting on my desk to remind me God is always here for me—and I will get there when I am meant to get there. No matter what. I am very thankful to have this reminder every day!

9. I love the colors and excitement in this page. It's such a good reminder as well!

10. This page has always been one of my favorites. Such a beautiful reminder for everyone!!

"It is not fancy hair, gold jewelry, or fine clothes that should make you beautiful. No, your beauty should come from within you - the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit. This beauty will never disappear, and it is worth very much to God." 1 Peter 3:3