20 Pieces of Advice For A 20-Something-Year Old

Your 20's will be some of the hardest years of your life, but it's important to enjoy every second of them.

115
thoughtcatalog

I'm only two years into my 20's but so far I would have to say that these years have been some of the most unpredictable, heartbreaking, and exhilarating years of my life. Everything is changing too fast and the real world is thrown at you with no warning. You're basically an adult, but then again you're not. All of your friends are at different stages in their life and you still don't know where you're headed. Your 20's are going to be some of the hardest years of your life, but it's important to enjoy every second of them. Here are a few things to remember as you go through your 20's.

1. Enjoy the little things in life.

2. Don't let anyone make you feel like you aren't good enough. You are good enough. Some people are just too blind to see it.

3. Love is still hard, and it gets even more confusing.

4. You don't need to have your life figured out yet.

5. Everything is going to work out for you in the end and you will be okay.

6. You are going to learn a lot about yourself and the people around you.

7. Walk away from toxic people no matter how much they mean to you. They will only end up hurting you.

8. Try to stop comparing yourself to others and work on developing a healthy relationship with yourself.

9. Be open to new ideas and different opinions. You don't have to agree with everything, but it will make you more aware of different perspectives.

10. Listen, talk, and hangout with your mom because she will be your best friend throughout these years.

11. Don't waste your energy on people that don't have time for you. You will find people that will be there for you through everything one day.

12. Embrace your emotions. You deserve to be happy after getting an A. You can cry when you need to. No one has the right to tell you how to feel.

13. Focus on yourself. This is your time to grow.

14. But also remember to reach out and stay in touch with your friends and family.

15. You will often feel lonely, but you should embrace that time to yourself because you won't always have time to yourself in the future.

16. Stop saying "sorry" even when you didn't do anything wrong.

17. Not everyone is going to like you. Don't let those people affect the way you view yourself.

18. If you get bad vibes from someone or something, walk away.

19. You are worth so much more than your GPA or job.

20. When you start to give up on yourself remember that you deserve all the love and happiness in the world.