10 Things I Wish I Would've Known Before I Started College

College advice everyone should know.

66
https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2016/11/22/21/26/notebook-1850613__480.jpg

As I'm finishing up my first year of college, I've started to reflect on the last year as a whole. Asking myself what went well, what went wrong, was I involved enough, how did I spend my time and many more questions. Clearly, I am no expert after only one year in college, but there are some things I wish I would've known to make my first year go by a little more smoothly. Don't get me wrong, overall I loved my first year of college, but there are some things that could've been better. Everyone has different college experiences and that's what makes college so special, however, I do have some advice that I wish someone would've told me before my first day of college.

1. The "Last Minute" approach is not ideal

Doing things last minute won't get you the same results.

2. Skipping class is probably the worst thing you can do

Skipping once will make it so much easier for you to skip again.

3. Having a planner will save your life

Having a planner is the perfect way to stay organized and practice your time management skills at the same time.

4. You are NOT your grades

Don't be hard on yourself if you don't do as well as you were hoping.

5. Sleep is SO important

Getting 6-8 hours of sleep at least a few times a week will make a tremendous difference in your overall health and how you feel.

6. Having "me" time is very important

Having time to yourself to relax is so important for your mental health.

7. Time flies by so fast

College goes by so fast, so remember to embrace every moment.

8. Coffee will be your best friend

You will be addicted, whether you thought you would or not.

9 .Occasionally, you will miss home

You will miss home sometimes and that's okay.

10. Do whatever makes you happy

Wear whatever you want, eat whatever you want, and do whatever you want.