My Adventure At Universal Studios

My Adventure At Universal Studios

Things I realized about Universal Studios

14
My Adventure At Universal Studios
Melissa Rojas

I love adventures. The simple act of getting out of the house and running errands is an adventure to me. So, obviously going to an amusement park is one of the best adventures out there. I also love defying gravity. Yes, roller coasters are one of my keys to happiness. There is no roller coaster out there that I would not go on.

This past Friday, my family and I went to Universal Studios. I normally always have a great time whenever I go. The last time I went I checked off something on my bucket list: Try butterbeer. It was like tasting liquefied heaven. While my two sugar deprived cousins downed their drinks in seconds, I savored mine.

This time we decided to go down to the lower lot to go on the Transformers ride. I noticed at almost every ride, while you’re waiting in line, there is a mission that is being described to you. The mission in this ride was that us “recruits” had to go on a field mission with Evac, the autobot. The wait time was supposedly 45 minutes. But, it seemed longer than that. It felt like forever and because of that, my cousin and I started noticing things. We realized it was a very stupid idea to send “recruits” on a suicide mission when we haven’t even finished our “training.” Yes, we actually took the time to think about it because that is how long we were waiting in line. We finally reached the entrance to the ride, but it was too late. I told my mother, “Go on without me. I won’t make it.” Two hours had passed already. And to make life even sweeter, the ride stopped working. We decided to cut our losses and exit the line.

The only thing I don’t like about amusement parks is the fact that when I am trying to walk somewhere people that are walking in front of me will suddenly stop and then I must maneuver around them. That is so frustrating! After wasting two hours in line, I felt very irritated and the fact that a passerby just so happened to stop walking in front of me almost made me lose it. The Studio Tour made up for it though. This time I sat on the very end because I wanted to see Jaws up close and personal. I really loved the fact that we passed by actual film sets that are in the middle of filming so we have to stay quiet. Afterwards, we went to one of my favorite places in the world: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! We went straight to Hogwarts to go on the Forbidden Journey ride. That was the shortest line I had ever seen. It was amazing! We got in line and on the ride in under an hour. Afterwards we went on the Flight of The Hypogriff, which also had a very short line. It’s a great roller coaster for first timers because its short but very fun. Afterwards, we went to the Hogs Head which is a restaurant that’s in Harry Potter world. The food was delicious and I loved the atmosphere.

I had a lot of fun, but I was growing tired and cold. It was only 8 o’clock and I was ready to crawl into bed. My mother, on the other hand, didn’t seem tired at all and had it not been for the park closing at 9 o’clock, could’ve gone all night exploring the park. It was hard not to fall asleep in the car, but I managed because I couldn’t with contacts on. Once I crawled into bed I instantly fell asleep. Now I know that although amusement parks are fun, I’m reluctant to stand in line for 45 minutes just to get on twenty second ride. I always think to myself about the genius who came up with idea of amusement parks. They’re probably making millions by now.