I've learned a lot in 25 years. Some years have been better than others. However, the years that were not the best, are the ones that I learned the most. A quote that I have been clinging to in times of transition or uncertainty is that there is 'purpose in the pain'. In the midst of the pain and confusion, purpose might not be in sight, but once you get past the pain, the lessons learned are more beneficial from the pain.
1. Sometimes people believe lies about you and use them to cloud their judgement of you.
2. You don't have to be happy all the time.
3. People's opinions about you don't matter.
4. God and yourself are the only ones that you should be eager to please.
5. When one door closes, a window will open, even if it is not how you want it to.
6. God's plan and will is always better than your own.
7. The life that I live is great, even on the hard days.
8. I am loved.
9. Negativity is the thief of joy.
10. Joy is eternal, but happiness is temporary.
11. I am enough.
12. Routines and plans can be broken sometimes.
13. Each day is a new beginning.
14. Long walks are good for the soul and the body.
15. All flowers are unique and beautiful, just like people.
16. You don't have to have the same passions forever.
17. Always be willing to try new things.
18. Find creative outlets in times of stress and anxiousness.
19. Don't worry about what people think about you, especially if you may never see them again.
20. Quality over quantity when it comes to friendships.
21. Some relationships are only meant for short seasons in life.
22. You can find peace in the middle of pain.
23. Life is short - don't take it for granted.
24. Stay hydrated. It helps everything.
25. Surround yourself with kind people that accept you for who you are.
Now, do I do these things all the time? No. Do I remember these things when I need to the most? No. However, I try to remind myself that everything is always going to be okay, even if they aren't in the moment. In times of uncertainty and confusion, God will always work things out according to His plan. At the end of the day, I am loved and I have some great people on my team.
Here's to another year full of new opportunities and experiences to learn from!