Adidas x Pokemon: The Collaboration We've Been Waiting For
News

Time to get them all!

45

2020 has a lot of things in store for us consumers and Adidas is kicking it off with their new collaboration with Pokemon. The collaboration includes the 8-bit art of the most beloved and original pokemon ever created: Pikachu, Eevee, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander. These characters are printed on T-shirts, one white and one black. There are also two other variations of T-shirts that include different types of poke-balls, as well as actual balls used in various sports. To complete your Pokemon trainer look there is also a black jersey, with the signature Adidas detailing on the shoulders, that has the words "Pokemon Trainer" on the back.

The collaboration wouldn't be complete without a sort of shoe design. Adidas brought back the Hoops Mid 2.0 sneakers and added our little pokemon friends on the back. On the tongue of the shoe, you'll find some contemporary illustrations. The mascot of the entire franchise, Pikachu, will also be featured on an Advantage shoe. A pixelated image of Pikachu is located on the side of the shoe, while other Pokemon in the franchise are designed on the inside.

For those who don't know what Pokemon is, it's a franchise that was created by Satoshi Taijiri in 1995. This franchise released the first Pokemon game, Red and Green, in 1996. These versions were released outside of the United States and were called Red and Blue. These games ultimately became a hit and became the second-best-selling video game, after the Mario franchise. The games were so successful, that Pokemon ultimately became an animated television series. It's one of the longest-running shows and continues to air to this day.

You can find the collection on the Adidas store now at adidas.com. Check this link for other items not featured in the other link.