Many nursing students actively complain about the tortures of nursing school, but those on the outside may not know how stressful it is. Here are 23 fun quotes from actual nursing students that can give you an idea of what nursing school is really like:
1. "If I died and went to hell, it would take me a week to realize that I wasn't in nursing school anymore."
2. "My GPA is higher than the number of hours I sleep at night."
3. "Is it weird that I love nursing school, but it also makes me want to cry at the same time?"
4. "Can't I just learn everything I need to know from watching Grey's Anatomy?"
5. "I laid my practice catheter on my bed to scare away my roommate's boyfriend."
6. "My clinical badge picture actually makes me look like I am a serial killer."
7. "We are literally a cult, guys. We wear the same things and in order to be a nursing student, you have to pass certain tests that involve manipulating body parts and such."
8. "We only worked 12 hours on our 12-hour shift! This is a miracle."
9. "Wouldn't that be cool if we initiated IV bags full of Starbucks coffee into each other's bloodstreams?"
10. "Are you a pulmonary embolism? Because you make me breathless."
11. "I am never getting married because I stopped talking to boys when I entered nursing school."
12. "Everyone else gets to go out, go to the bars, go on dates, work out, go to the lake, but I am just sitting here trying to pass nursing school."
13. *Holds up blank piece of paper* "This is a picture of my current social life."
14. "I just want it to be the weekend so I can have free time to work on homework."
15. "For our tests, all the answers are correct. You just have to pick the BEST answer."
16. "All I want for my birthday is a lavender stethoscope with my name engraved on the bell."
17. "On a pain scale from 1-10, I would say that nursing school is a solid 11."
18. "Do these scrubs make me look fat?"
18. "I love the pockets on our scrubs! You can literally hold anything and everything. Maybe even a puppy so that you can take it out when you start to feel sad."
19. "It is really sad how I refer to life outside of nursing school as 'real life.'"
20. "Finals week is literally every week in nursing school. We haven't gone a week without a major test this entire semester."
21. "People only respect me when I am wearing scrubs."
22. "I have my friend groups clumped into two different groups: sorority friends and nursing friends."
23. "How is school going? Yeah, nursing school sucks, but it is so worth it."
Although a lot of these quotes seem to be negative, you need to remember that it is easier to complain about the bad than it is to praise about the good. Nursing school is pretty time-consuming, as well as mentally and physically exhausting, but I would not trade it for any other major. I am blessed to call myself a nursing student, and my nursing friends have turned into one of the biggest support systems that I have ever encountered.
Oh, and all these quotes are actually quotes from me, ha.