Try These 11 Things This Summer

11 Things You Should Do This Summer To Escape From Reality And Enjoy Your 3 Months Of Happiness

Summer will fly by so make the most of it

78
Seventeen Flames Photography

Escaping reality every now and then is completely necessary. I have recently fallen in love with summer, I always hated the heat and the mosquitos. I don't know what changed but now I know it's going to be a good time when it's 80 degrees and I need bug spray.

1. Kayak

With the focus on the open water in front of you, your mind will have no space to think about anything other than the beauty that is a day on the lake.

2. Grill Out

Nothing and I mean nothing is better than the smell of charcoal and the taste of a fresh off the grill brat. Poolside of course.

3. Hike

Challenge yourself to at least one hike this summer. Hunting season isn't the only time you're allowed in the woods, take advantage of the local trails. Don't forget the bug spray!

4. Do a 5k

Even if it takes you the entire summer to reach that goal, you'll have something to focus on other than work and responsibilities.

5. Tan

It's difficult to stress or be negative when you are laying there literally soaking up sunshine.

6. Go fishing

The lake makes the list again. When you don't live near the ocean it's the next best body of water to spend your days beside.

7. Read

By the lake, by the pool, at the park, in the back yard, the list goes on. Just read anywhere that the fresh summer air can reach you.

8. Write

What I said about reading except this time write.

9. Take a trip

Big or small, it's summer! GO SOMEWHERE, and very literally escape!

10. Stargaze

You might think there will be a lot of time for your mind to wander back to reality when staring into space but it's nearly impossible to think of anything other than the beauty before your eyes.

11. Go four wheeling

The wind in your face, the dirt or mud on your legs and the reckless attitude when going a little too fast is never not a good time.

Whatever you so choose as long as it clears your head and enables you to enjoy summertime, it's worth it.