Actions Speak Louder Than Words : Politics Edition

Is what you think about the presidential nominees totally true?

511
Google Images

"Actions speak louder than words" is a common phrase that is used by parents to teach their children a simple lesson of integrity. However, integrity isn't properly illustrated throughout all of politics. Whether positioned on the left or right side of the political spectrum, politicians simply use words to hide behind and mask their true intentions. With the United States presidential election in just a few months, words are constantly being thrown around. Throughout the entire presidential campaign, the multitude of political jabs and the many blows towards the different nominees are made clearly evident.

One particular thing has remained constant throughout all of the election season. The nominees are all talk. Both presidential nominees that are currently running have pleaded both of their cases trying to prove that they're the wise choice to hold the title of President. However, both nominees have also shown their faults. The media loves to pick apart both nominees, but that's their job.

Although the media makes information easily accessible and convenient, they are also very biased. The media's job is to persuade you. Persuade you on who to vote for, persuade you on what's on trend at the moment and persuade you into believing different things. If you're not careful, you can start to believe the biased opinions over the truthful facts. Before voting this November, define what you believe. Then, when you go to the polls, you can be confident in your decision and represent your beliefs proudly. Just because Hillary Clinton may represent a certain set of beliefs, do your research. Look at her past, investigate and see if what she says now holds true to what she has shown in the past. Same with Donald Trump. Even though he may come across mean and rude, look past that and do your research to see if what he says holds true to what he has showcased in the past.

Growing up, we are all taught not to judge a book by its cover. Although, that's what the media does and we allow it. Don't listen to the first piece of information you read about either nominee. Instead, research, evaluate and make your own opinion based on that research, not based on someone else's bias opinion. Don't let society and the media conform you into thinking like them. Be your own person, define your beliefs and standards and stand firm on your morals.

From Your Site Articles