What NOT To Do If You're Making An Acai Bowl At Home

I Finally Tried Making An Acai Bowl At Home And It Was Honestly A Disaster — Here's What NOT To Do

Playa bowls who??

60
acai bowl with strawberries, peaches, milk granola, and peanut butter in it

So I am in love with açaí bowls. They are amazing in my opinion. I am not into breakfast foods at all, BUT ACAI BOWLS ON THE OTHER HAND...

Acai bowls are obviously a little pricy to continue to purchase all of the time. And I always like to try and put my own spin on things when I can. So I decided to research how to make my own!

They sell frozen packs of acai at the grocery store.

It was fairly inexpensive and all I had to do was throw the package in the blender with half of a banana, and a splash of the milk of my choice and I was good to go!

Ok! It wasn't too bad, pretty straightforward — until I started blending.

I added WAY too much milk. When I started to blend, it was looking more like a smoothie than anything.

Plus, the instructions on the back of the package called to use 2 at once, but I didn't want to make too much so I started out with only one.

So, to cope with my acai smoothie, I tried to add some ice in my blender to try and thicken it up.

I keep my freezer on the coldest setting so my ice is naturally pretty solid which meant it took my blender a while to chop up the ice...which meant more time for any of the frozen acai to melt...

So, once the ice was successfully blended, it was pretty liquidy anyway.

I threw my bowl in the freezer for about 10 minutes to try and salvage it but it really didn't do much.

I topped it off with granola, strawberries, bananas, and a touch of Nutella (because I have such a sweet tooth!). This part was really good!

Though the acai part was a little disappointing, the actual bowl overall was tasty — the flavor was there. I will definitely try again!!