The Absurdity Of Fast Food Creations

The Absurdity Of Fast Food Creations

Surely they cannot be serious about these options.

71
The Absurdity Of Fast Food Creations

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine texted a picture of an advertisement for Burger King’s new food option: “Mac ’n Cheetos.” The idea made us laugh and we planned to give them a try, however, we have yet to actually purchase this new food item.

It seems like nowadays, fast food chains are trying to come up with crazy and unhealthy food options that you never would have thought up before. Burger King’s “Mac ’n Cheetos” or “Whopperito” which is a hamburger burrito. Taco Bell’s infamous “Doritos Locos Tacos” or approaching “Cheetos Burrito” which places Cheetos inside a burrito and is available for only one dollar. Even KFC’s “Double Down Sandwich” which uses two pieces of fried chicken for buns.

When I see these items advertised on television or online, I’m very aware that I, personally, will never purchase such insane items with the intent of actually enjoying them. However I cannot help but wonder about the people that do buy these food stuffs and what their diet must consist of.

Since the creation of these odd and unhealthy items only continues, it cannot purely be satirical. A part of me feels as though the corporations coming up with these food items have to be joking around when they actually pitch these ideas to the public. At least I hope that there’s some humor behind the pure absurdity of, say, Dunkin' Donut’s idea to make a breakfast sandwich using a glazed donut for buns.

While some of these foods seem appetizing for a moment, they’re similar to those one-minute dessert videos that you see off "Delish" and "Tasty" all the time. They look good for the moment, but if you were given the actual opportunity to consume it, then you’d probably decline.

Why even bother to bring up the creation of these absurd food ideas? I simply find it interesting that these food inventions have become such a phenomenon in North America. Since food companies are still making them, surely they must sell well or at least attract attention. The pure unhealthiness that exists in the fast food industry already, without including these unthinkable meals, is enough to expand waistbands across the world.

Whenever I stop by a fast food place, which I’ll admit is more often than I should, I never find myself reaching for the ridiculous food item that was thought up in the pits of calorie hell. Especially considering all I’ve really been eating for the past year is chicken nuggets from any and all fast food locations. That being said living off chicken nuggets is bad enough, let alone soaking them in Doritos and Cheetos and covering them in donuts.

Keep your Doritos out of tacos, your donuts away from breakfast sandwiches and your Cheetos away from mac ’n cheese. I don’t mean to tell anyone how to live their life -- if you like to order a Doritos Locos Taco every time you go to Taco Bell, then go ahead, it’s not putting calories in my body. However. I will say that indulging in these items will surely only lead to the creation of more absurd food combinations and an addition of poundage.