About That Sorority BuzzFeed Quiz...

About That Sorority BuzzFeed Quiz...

397

Have you ever burdened yourself with questions like, “Am I in the right sisterhood?” or “Where should I have actually pledged?” Lucky for you, Buzzfeed has all the answers.
In late March, a quiz was released claiming to know the exact chapter that was right for you even going as far as saying, “You don’t choose the sorority life, the sorority life chooses you.” Fortunately the quiz is in quality company just look under, “Which Boy meets World Character are you?” and “Taco Bell Cured Every Stoner’s Menu Board Anxiety.”Top contributor, a.k.a. Austin Hunt or as he calls himself an “editorial fellow and professional wrestler,” has created the ultimate informal recruitment in just about seven questions. Finally we have someone who knows exactly what they are talking about, but seriously, this quiz is lacking some serious credibility.

The quiz is based on a series of questions ranging from which fraternity crest you like best your preferred color combination. I say for recruitment this year, ladies, let’s ask our potential new members how they spent their spring break to really get a feel if they are right for our sisterhood. The questions have no bearing on where you should be whatsoever one answer affects the whole sorority. For example if you choose, "Your mom and dad said it would be good for you to rush," then you must be Delta Zeta, or if you "ate pizza over spring break," then why are you even a Chi Omega? You were meant to be Kappa Alpha Theta.

About 17 of our writers took the quiz themselves. Eight girls (including myself) got Zeta, three Kappa Kappa Gammas, three Alpha Omicron Pi’s, one Delta Zeta, one Delta Gamma and one "GDI." Out of the 17 girls, only one actually got the sorority she was in and six had some friends or family to the ones they were given.

Odyssey writer, Tri Delta Laura Selak said, “I got Kappa Kappa Gamma. The description was way off. No lie, I took it like 80 times trying to get Tri Delta.”

The quiz gives no real reasons for why you got the sorority you did and only mentions what a badass or chill person you are. As far as I’m concerned Tri Delta, Chi Omega, Alpha Delta Pi, Phi Mu, Kappa Delta, Alpha Chi Omega and Pi Beta Phi weren’t even options.

According to the quiz, if you are a Delta Gamma, you hate sorority stereotypes, if you are an Alpha Omicron Pi then you are the ultimate bad ass, a Kappa Alpha Theta, Delta Zeta or a Kappa Kappa Gamma just consider yourself a chill person in general, and if you are Zeta well according to Austin Hunt you have a lot of friends.

A top commenter on the feedback portion of the quiz noted, “Sororities are different at every school.”

There is no way to exactly measure which sorority you should have been, each chapter is completely different on every campus. While it would have been interesting to know where you really belong chances are you already are in the place you were meant to be.